Ungodly Beliefs are beliefs, decisions, agreements, attitudes, vows and judgments that do not agree with God's word, His nature or His character.
Ungodly beliefs are formed from our negative experiences in relating to our family and others, particularly non-Christians. If negative words have been spoken over us by family members or teachers, we tend to believe them. When we believe something that is not true, we do not know that it is not true, and we act as if it is true.
Godly Beliefs are beliefs, decisions, agreements, attitudes, vows and judgments that do agree with God's word, His nature and His character.
All Godly beliefs agree with the word of God because that is how we know the truth.
1. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. John 17:17
2. His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness through the true knowledge of Him. II Peter 1:3
3. Because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. II Thessalonians 2:13
4. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. Ephesians 6:14
5. Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31b-32
6. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17
7. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8
Lets look at some of the great truths of the bible.
8. For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5
9. Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. I John 4:4
10. I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10
11. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:37
12. Wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. Ephesians 1:6
It is very important that we really believe what the Word says, replacing our ungodly beliefs or worldly beliefs with Godly beliefs.
13. For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. II Corinthians 10:3-5
14. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2-3
15. For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7
16. Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 1 Corinthians 1:20b
17. So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. Ephesians 4:17
18. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. II Timothy 2:15
19. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength. I Corinthians 1:25
20. Now, the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. I Timothy 4:1
21. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:44
PRAYER: Father, I choose to submit to the process of being transformed by the renewing of my mind. Please, make me aware of any lies that I believe, any wrong thinking or blind spots. I break any curses that have come upon me because of what others have spoken over me or that I have thought or spoken over myself. I thank You that You desire to set me free from all negative ways that I view myself, others and You, God. Please continue to renew my mind and help me to change my ungodly beliefs into Godly beliefs. I declare that I am redeemed and forgiven, and my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I walk in victory. Thank you, Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.