Fear is sin. The Bible tells us many times not to be afraid. There is no need to fear because God is with us.
1. I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:9b-10
2. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
3. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1b-3a
4. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
5. The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8
6. Have I not commanded you? be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
7. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46:1-3
8. The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
9. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (fear), but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. II Timothy 1:7
10. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. I John 4:18
11. An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up Proverbs 12:25
12. Peace I (Jesus) leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
13. Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Romans 8:14-15
14. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly (fearful), the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. Revelation 21:7-8
We are to have the fear of the Lord, which means awe and respect, a condition of the heart.
15. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. Psalm 111:10a
16. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. Psalm 19:9a
17. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. Hebrews 12:28
18. Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king. I Peter 2:17
Prayer: Father, I ask that you show me where I have fears. I know that there are fears that I am not aware of. Please forgive me for being afraid. I know that You are always with me, and I accept Your perfect love and peace in these situations. Any spirits of fear must leave me. Thank you for helping me. In Jesus' name. Amen.