There were very strict laws about sexual behavior in the Old Testament. Sexual activity before marriage, with future marriage partner or others, rape, and extramarital affairs (adultery) were strictly forbidden, even punishable by death.
1. For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life, keeping you from the immoral woman, from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife. Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes, for the prostitute reduces you to a loaf of bread, and the adulteress preys upon your very life. Can a man scoop fire into his lap without his clothes being burned? Can a man walk on hot coals without his feet being scorched? So is he who sleeps with another man's wife; no one who touches her will go unpunished. ... But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself. Blows and disgrace are his lot, and his shame will never be wiped away. Proverbs 6:23-29, 32-33
2. But if out in the country a man happens to meet a girl pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. Deuteronomy 22:25
3. You shall not commit adultery. Exodus 20:14
4. If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel. Deuteronomy 22:22
5. Yet you ask, Why does He (the Lord) reject it (your offering)? Because the Lord was witness [to the covenant made at your marriage] between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously and to whom you were faithless. Yet she is your companion and the wife of your covenant [made by your marriage vows]. And did not God make [you and your wife] one [flesh]? Did not One make you and preserve your spirit alive? And why did God make you two one? Because He sought a godly offspring [from your union]. Therefore take heed to yourselves, and let no one deal treacherously and be faithless to the wife of his youth. For the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I hate divorce and marital separation, and him who covers his garment [his wife] with violence. Therefore keep a watch upon your spirit [that it may be controlled by My Spirit], that you deal not treacherously and faithlessly [with your marriage mate]. Malachi 2:14-16 Amplified
Abortion and bestiality or sexual relations with an animal is also forbidden.
6. Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor's wife and defile yourself with her. Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord. Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion. Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways. Leviticus 18:20-24a
Being born illegitimately will affect your descendants for ten generations.
7. A person begotten out of wedlock (one of illegitimate birth) shall not enter into the assembly of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall his descendants not enter into the congregation of the Lord. Deuteronomy 23:2
Transvestism which is wearing the clothing of the opposite sex is forbidden.
8. A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this. Deuteronomy 22:5
Incest or sexual relationships with other family members is prohibited.
9. No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord. Leviticus 18:6
Two people become connected together because of sexual activity forming a soul tie. God actually considers them one person.
10. Don't you realize that your bodies are actually parts and members of Christ? So should I take part of Christ and join Him to a prostitute? Never! And don't you know if a man joins himself to a prostitute she becomes a part of him and he becomes a part of her? For God tells us in the Scripture that in His sight the two become one person. But if you give yourself to the Lord, you and Christ are joined together as one person. That is why I say to run from sex sin. No other sin affects the body as this one does. When you sin this sin it is against your own body. Haven't you yet learned that your body is the home of the Holy Spirit God gave you, and that He lives within you? Your body does not belong to you. For God has bought you with a great price. So use every part of your body to give glory back to God, because He owns it. I Corinthians 6:15-20
11. Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I Corinthians
Sexual fantasies or pornography using books, magazines, movies, videos or the internet is considered adultery and creates soul ties.
12. You have heard that it was said, "Do not commit adultery." But
I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:27-28
Homosexual or lesbian behavior, meaning sexual relations between people of the same sex, is strictly forbidden.
13. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over to the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. ... Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. Romans 1:22-27,32
Prayer: Father, I submit my will, my desires and my emotions to Your word and to the Holy Spirit. I confess as sin all of my sexual relationships before marriage and any sexual relationships outside of marriage, including any ungodly relationships or actions involving any part of me, whether body, soul or spirit.
For every person the Lord brings to your mind with which you have had a sexual experience and every person that you have been closely associated with, including family members, pastors, and favorite teachers, especially those with a controlling influence, pray this prayer for each one individually to break any connection that was established that was not Godly. (Put their name in the blank.)
Prayer: Lord, in the name of Jesus, I break any ties or bonds that are not of God between me and ___________ or between ___________ and me. Lord, I send back any part of them and anything that I received from them that may be left in me. I send this back to _____________ through the blood of Jesus for cleansing. And I call back any part of myself from ___________ through the blood of Jesus.
Use the following prayer to specifically renounce each and every sinful experience (sinful according to the previous scriptures) that you have had.
Prayer: Lord, I ask You to sever all sexual bondages, dependencies, emotional longings, vain imaginations and enslaving thoughts or thought patterns. I specifically renounce ________ that I have been involved in. I announce the truth that I don't have to continue to be bound by these past experiences. I renounce all the ways that satan has perverted my attitude toward sex as a result of my past involvement. I choose not to be bound by what has happened in the past. You are the God who makes all things new. I bind, renounce, and resist any evil spirits that have been reinforced through my sinful actions. I choose to forgive anyone who has violated me sexually due to incest, molestation, or rape, and I also choose to bless them. I repent of any un-forgiveness or judgment that I have had toward these people. I ask You, Lord, to cleanse me with Your blood, and free me from all illicit unions. Lord, renew my mind so that I am free to enjoy sex and my sexuality in the way You intended. I choose to reserve the sexual use of my body for marriage only. I present my body to You as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable. I reject the devil's lie that my body is not clean or that it is dirty or in any way unacceptable to You as a result of my past sexual experiences. Lord, thank You that You have totally cleansed and forgiven me and that You love and accept me just the way that I am. Therefore, I choose to do so, to accept myself and my body as clean in Your eyes. In Jesus' name, amen.
In addition to soul ties to people, we can also develop soul ties with places or things: organizations, political parties, high schools or colleges, houses or other buildings, clothing, jewelry, etc. Ask the Lord to reveal to you any soul tie attachments to places or things and break that attachment.