1. Witchcraft No Ammonite or Moabite or any of his descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord, even down to the tenth generation. For they did not come to meet you with bread and water on your way when you came out of Egypt, and they hired Balaam son of Beor from Pethor in Aram Naharaim to pronounce a curse on you. However, the Lord your God would not listen to Balaam but turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the Lord your God loves you. Deuteronomy 23:3-5
2. Trusting in Man Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord. He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. Jeremiah 17:5-8
3. Stealing & Perjury The Lord Almighty declares, “I will send it (the flying scroll) out, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of him who swears falsely by my name. It will remain in his house and destroy it, both its timbers and its stones.” Zechariah 5:4
4. Evil for Good If a man pays back evil for good, evil will never leave his house. Proverbs 17:13
5. Stinginess Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, “How do we rob you?” In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse--the whole nation of you--because you are robbing me. Malachi 3:8-9
6. Disobedience However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you. Deuteronomy 28:15 See verses 16-68 for a list of the curses.
7. Un-forgiveness For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:14-15
8. Illegitimate Birth No one born of a forbidden marriage (one of illegitimate birth) nor any of his descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord, even down to the tenth generation. Deuteronomy 23:2
9. Idolatry I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before (besides) me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. Deuteronomy 5:6-10 Exodus 20:2-6
10. Spoken Words You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned. Matthew 12:34-37
11. Curses from Mount Ebal (a) Makes an idol and sets it up in secret. (b) Dishonors his father or his mother. (c) Moves his neighbor’s boundary stone. (d) Leads the blind astray. (e) Withholds justice from the alien, the fatherless or the widow. (f) Sleeps with his father’s wife. (g) Has sexual relations with any animal. (h) Sleeps with his sister. (i) Sleeps with his mother-in-law. (j) Kills his neighbor secretly. (k) Accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person. (l) Does not carry out the words of the law. Deuteronomy 27:15-26
12. Cursing Abraham & His Descendants (a) I (God) will bless those who bless you (Abram), and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” Genesis 12:3 Genesis 27:29 (b) May those who bless you (the Israelites)be blessed and those who curse you be cursed! Numbers 24:9b
People that are in witchcraft deliberately put curses on their children and descendants. Parents and teachers can speak negative words (curses) over children, not realizing the effect the words have in the children’s lives. We can speak curses over ourselves. You may want to read the Words topic.
Time can also be cursed. A person or family can have great difficulty with finances or illnesses, etc. during a specific month or day of the year or a specific season of the year. Even a few hours each week can have a time curse so that, for example, it is very difficult to get to church on Sunday.
Places can be cursed. You may want to read the Sin Defiles topic.
A sect of Buddhist monks in Vietnam spent years cursing the American soldiers in the Vietnam war. These curses need to be broken off all Vietnam veterans.
Prayer for Vietnam veterans: Father, in the name of Jesus, I break the curses that were spoken by the Buddhist monks in Vietnam over _______, a Vietnam veteran. These curses are broken in the name of Jesus and this veteran will no longer be affected in any way by these curses. These curses included restlessness with no peace, anger, repeated or chronic sickness, unnatural or untimely death (especially from suicide), confusion, mental torment or emotional breakdown. He/she will no longer be prone to wander about, have financial problems, miscarriages or female problems, marriage or family problems or be accident-prone. All symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder must leave. We have been given authority to overcome all the power of the enemy. Therefore, these curses are broken and can cause no further problems in this person’s life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Some indications that there is a curse present would be a lot of sickness or accidents. There may be mental or emotional problems or marital problems including divorce. There may be financial problems or problems having children; and there may be suicides or other untimely deaths.
Prayer: Father, I repent of all sins in my life, and wherever possible, in my ancestor’s lives, that have resulted in a curse; such as any attachment to slavery or any kind of persecution, murder, mistreatment or abuse of any groups or individuals. I break any attachments to family superstitions, ungodly beliefs or wives tales. I loose myself from the curses that came as a result of all disobedience and rebellion to the Word of God. I ask for Your forgiveness and cleansing through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus, I take authority over and break every curse upon my life that has affected me in any way. I ask for forgiveness for the sin of all idolatries attached to the (put your ancestry here) and break all related curses. I break all curses that have come upon me as a result of my ancestor’s dedication of their descendants, or that have come upon me as the result of a blood covenant contract or blood sacrifice, including abortion. I break the power of all seals of silence and all vows of secrecy. I break all curses that have come upon me as a result of drinking bodily fluids in satanic rituals. Jesus took our curses so that we could be blessed with life more abundantly. I order all spirits that came as the result of a curse to leave me now in the name of Jesus. Thank you Lord for setting me free. Amen.