If a person, usually a child, goes through a very difficult experience, their soul can split in different ways. The soul is the mind, will and emotions. In a milder experience the emotions split off and form another entity which takes the bad feelings associated with the experience. In a more traumatic event the mind and emotions split off and form another entity which takes the bad feelings and the memory of the event, and the person does not remember what happened. These pieces or entities are called alters or altered states or child parts or soul fragments. This alter usually has a name and is trying to help the person in the person’s various life experiences, especially in events similar to the original event that caused them to be formed. They may be boys or girls. This alter is not a demon, but there are demons connected to this alter associated with the original event, including the spirit of mind control. This alter also stays the same age as the original person was when the event occurred.
Here are some of the ways an alter is formed:
(a) Excessive punishment.
(c) Physical pain or sickness, especially if it lasts for awhile.
(d) Molestation or rape.
(e) Having adult responsibility as children.
(f) Watching someone die.
(g) Being an emotional support for a parent.
(h) Not having enough to eat.
(i) Trauma of war.
(k) Physical, emotional or sexual abuse.
The alter makes it possible for the person to go on with life. Events causing the above types of alters to be formed are usually not purposely inflicted to cause them to be formed, but happen as a result of life’s experiences. People usually have many of these types of alters. The number increases with the severity and duration of trauma in their lives, especially as children.
In a very traumatic event the emotions, mind and will, the complete soul splits and forms a totally new person that lives in the original person’s body; even having a different blood type or need for glasses. This happens so that the person can survive. It is called MPD (multiple personality disorder) or DID (dissociative identity disorder). About one out of every 100 people has DID.
These are scriptures that seem to talk about disssociation.
1. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. James 1:5-8
2. Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. Psalm 51:6
3. From now on I will tell you of new things, of hidden things unknown to you. They are created now, and not long ago; you have not heard of them before today. So you cannot say, “Yes, I knew of them.” Isaiah 48:6b-7
Here are some prayers to pray for people that are fragmented. It is also important to break ties to people who were involved in the trauma and forgive them.
4. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. I Thessalonians 5:23-24
5. (I pray) that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. I Corinthians 1:10b
No matter how much trauma and abuse you have suffered, it is the Lord’s will to heal and restore. He will even give you double what you have lost.
6. "Return to the stronghold, you prisoners of hope. Even today I declare that I will restore double to you." Zechariah 9:12
7. Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs. Isaiah 61:7
8. "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the crawling locust, the consuming locust, and the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you." Joel 2:25
There is a lot of information about this topic on the web. It is very well known to Psychologists and people who deal with mental illness. Look up Dissociative Identity Disorder and Satanic Ritual Abuse.