There are many instances in the Scriptures of people being either physically transported or spiritually transported. Here are some examples.
Enoch was taken to heaven.
1. Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away. Genesis 5:24
2. By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God has taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. Hebrews 11:5
Moses visited heaven and saw the pattern of the temple and all the instruments of the temple so that he could describe it to the last detail and it could be built.
3. Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you. Exodus 25:9
4. Our forefathers had the tabernacle of the Testimony with them in the desert. It had been made as God directed Moses, according to the pattern he had seen. Acts 7:44
Elijah had a reputation that he appears and disappears, traveling in the spirit.
5. I (Obadiah) don’t know where the Spirit of the Lord may carry you when I leave you. If I go and tell Ahab and he doesn’t find you, he will kill me. Yet I your servant have worshiped the Lord since my youth. I Kings 18:12
Elijah was carried into heaven in a whirlwind as a chariot of fire separated Elijah and Elisha.
6. As they (Elijah and Elisha) were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. II KIngs 2:11
Ezekiel was carried by the Spirit to the Kebar River.
7. The Spirit then lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness and in the anger of my spirit, with the strong hand of the Lord upon me. I came to the exiles who lived at Tel Abib near the Kebar River. And there, where they were living, I sat among them for seven days--overwhelmed. Ezekiel 3:14-15
Ezekiel was in Babylon and he was picked up by a Being of Fire and taken to Jerusalem.
8. In the sixth year, in the sixth month on the fifth day, while I was sitting in my house and the elders of Judah were sitting before me, the hand of the Sovereign Lord came upon me there. I looked, and I saw a figure like that of a man. From what appeared to be his waist down he was like fire, and from there up his appearance was as bright as glowing metal. He stretched out what looked like a hand and took me by the hair of my head. The Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven and in visions of God he took me to Jerusalem, to the entrance to the north gate of the inner court, where the idol that provokes to jealousy stood. Ezekiel 8:1-3
Ezekiel was carried in the Spirit to the Valley of Dry Bones.
9. The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he bought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. Ezekiel 37:1
10. In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth of the month, in the fourteenth year after the fall of the city--on that very day the hand of the Lord was upon me and he took me there. In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city. He took me there, and I saw a man whose appearance was like bronze; he was standing in the gateway with a linen cord and a measuring rod in his hand. Ezekiel 40:1-3
Ezekiel was then given a tour of the temple in the following chapters.
After Philip explained to the Ethiopian eunuch about Jesus, the eunuch stopped the chariot so that he could be baptized.
11. And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Acts 8:38-39
Paul tells of being taken to heaven.
12. I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven, Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows. And I know that this man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows--was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. II Corinthians 12:2-4 John was taken into heaven and saw many things that were going to happen.
John was taken into heaven and saw many things that were going to happen.
13. After this I (John) looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. Revelation 4:1-2
14. One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. Revelation 21:9-10
Spirit travel is still happening to people today. Perhaps it will happen to you, but remember that it is the Holy Spirit who decides to take you somewhere.